Full program description
When thinking about possible career paths, you might want to seriously consider a career in manufacture. Workforce needs in manufacturing are projected to grow, and manufacturing jobs offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for growth. This course introduces you to manufacturing as a career and discusses the credentials and competencies needed to work in manufacturing.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand that manufacturing jobs are on the rise in the U.S.
- List the benefits of a career in manufacturing
- List the production components and teams of people required to manufacture products
- Describe the skills necessary for success in a manufacturing job
- Describe how you can distinguish yourself from other job candidates
- List the twelve major subindustries of manufacturing
- List some resources that can help you navigate planning for a manufacturing career
Estimated completion time (hours): 4.3